Rotating Fan Blade - AdvancedHMI

billfloyd806

I just started using AdvanceHMI software. I have two questions.

1. I'd like to make a main menu screen then the operator would select on of 15 different screens. Is that possible?

2. I have a page in which the operator can start and stop the exhaust fans for the plant and it works great. But I'd like to add a rotating fan blade for each fan that would rotate 360 degrees if that fan is on. Anyone know how to do it or a place to locate some more graphic images to use?

Thanks in advance

But I'd like to add a rotating fan blade for each fan that would rotate 360 degrees if that fan is on.
There are 2 or 3 ways. What I have done (in other HMI software) is to use two pictures of the blades, with the second picture showing the blades moved about 45 degrees from the first picutre. In other words, the blades in the second picture are offset so that each blade falls in between two bladses in the first picture. Then you just set up logic that rapidly alternates these two pictures as long as the Fan Motor = ON.

That method works okay, because of the way the human eye sees images. After all, that is the way motion is shown on TV screens. Some people say that you must use a Rotation animation, with 0 to 359-degree positions, so that the motion appears to have smooth transitions. That may be true for a 1-blade fan, but most fans have 4 or more blades, so at speed, the blades cannot be distinguished from each other. Only the gaps between blades can be seen by the human eye, therefore, 360-degree animation does not help a lot but is more complicated to set up. You would need some type of analog input (from a timer or counter maybe) that counts from 0 to 359.

Last edited: