encoders trouble

valine39

Hi,please i need help on connecting an encoder to a mitsubushi fx2n plc...the encoder doesnt give any signal and another encoder i connected gave signal but when it was rotating it gave an erractic and inconsistent output..please i need help..anything you think..from wiring to programming...id be extra grateful.thanks................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Welcome
Encoder model?
Link to encoder specs
Drawing of how you have it wired

No insult intended, good complete questions with documentation = good answers.

thanks no qualms..the encoder is an hengstler r132-0/100er.14kb 1 - 512 pulses,10-30v supply voltage.incremental encoder
the encoder has its respective A,B and Z output cables..i connected the A phase cable to the input of the fx plc and gave it the supply voltage required..i used a program that looks somewhat like this

x0
--11----------------------(c251 k10000)
m8000
--11-----------------------[DHSCS k10000 c251 m6]
I discovered that when i roll the encoder with my hand it gives,the counter outputs a fine count and increases the value of the counter very well.up to 6334 counts,by rolling the encoder for just half a minute ,but when i connect the encoder to the actual machine..The machine is an oil filling machine so the encoder is meant to rotate as filling is going on such that when it reaches a set point it sends a signal to the plc ,so the plc cant shut up the filling process when the container is filled.But when the encoder is Incorporated to the shaft of the machine,and the value from the encoder to the counter is monitored..i notice that it gives only about 6 as a value from the encoder,at times it gives 8, bottom line is it isnt stable..so please i need help urgently

Dear Valine39,

How fast your machine is?This looks like the response time(time for the input to be read by the PLC) is the issue, is your input having an interrupt? something like the HSC (High Speed Counter)., usually incremental encoders need a high speed inputs in order to be captured.

Hi

It's been a while now that I have used mitz plc and a encoder but here i go.
Your code looks good to me as long as c 251 is a high speed counter. Your High speed counter set also looks good but the bit to show you are above your k can never come on as your counter is preset is the same. This makes no difference . Now I not sure but was there a bit to be set to enable the hight speed counters again i nit sure.how fast are you turning the encoder in your hand and if it's the same speed as when the encoder is in position are you sure the encoder is turning and is the wiring the same

Donnchadh