timer in structured text rslogix5000

isaksen85

Hello i am new in structured text, and i have a problem with using on timer.

I have make this text:
IF tanklevel>2700 and pump1 and pump1 THEN HH_Level :=1
End_if;

I dont know how i can put a TON on HH_level so there will be a delay for 5sec.

Please help meo_O

I'm not sure why you have Pump1 in there twice and I'm not really versed in ST but playing around i came up with this. The timer PRE is set in the Controller Tags.

IF Tank_Level > 2700 & pump1
Then HH_Level_Debounce_TMR.EN :=1;
Else HH_Level_Debounce_TMR.EN :=0;
END_IF;

IF HH_Level_Debounce_TMR.DN
THEN HH_Level :=1;
ELSE HH_Level :=0;
END_IF;

This will not latch the alarm in however so that will still to be done as soon as the level is below 2700, even for an instant the alarm will clear with the code above. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable guys that will show you a better way but you can try this until then to play with. Bench test before installing in a process!

Have you read this? It's what I used to throw this together.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm007_-en-p.pdf

Good Luck.

Kraken Fan #69

see if this helps ... if it doesn't fully meet your needs, then give us some more details of exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish ...

note that in the example that I've posted, HH_Level_Timer was set up as an FBD_Timer ... HH_Level was set up as a BOOL ... Do_Something was set up as a BOOL ...

HH_Timer_STX.PNG

Thanks for the reply, it helps me.

I can see i wrote its wrong:

I mean: pump1 and pump2

IF tanklevel>2700 and pump1 and pump2 THEN HH_Level :=1

Thanks for your help