S7 Pulsing timer

kevbloke

Hi all, I am wanting to pulse an inverter to drive 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off 20 times after my machine crashes and builds back a slug of packs. This is to dose packs through a barcoder.
I am using Step7 315 CPU. Is there an SFC timer or built in timer i can use to do this rather that setting and resetting lots of timers.
Many thanks

Kevin

Hi all, I am wanting to pulse an inverter to drive 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off 20 times after my machine crashes and builds back a slug of packs. This is to dose packs through a barcoder.
I am using Step7 315 CPU. Is there an SFC timer or built in timer i can use to do this rather that setting and resetting lots of timers.
Many thanks

Kevin

Bit x.7 of the CPU Clock memory is a 2 second pulse.

Last edited:
You will need some edge detection logic to get this going to ensure the first pulse is 2 seconds long, if it matters for your application.

Many thanks for the help chaps. Next question, is it best to pulse the speed reference or the start signal on the inverter?

Depends on how the drive is configured.
Speed reference will use normal ramp down, removing start signal might cause rapid stop/coasting/normal stop/etc.