slc 5/03 and serial port and A.I.

keving9

I'm trying to get my old A.I. software to communicate with a 5/03 through the serial port. I tried all the configurations that I thought should work but no luck. Works fine with the Pic on the 485. Any ideas?

If you can get online with the DH-485 driver, then the SLC must be supported by your version of A.I.-500. You ought to be able to read the channel configuration for Channel 0 and match that with your DF-1 driver configuration.

The DF1 cable must be a null-modem cable such as the 1747-CP3.

I guess my problem is not knowing how to read the channel 0 config. The only hardware type choices the software gives me involving the serial port is serial port to 1747-pic and serial port to aic+, ch0 dh-485. I am using the latter with the cp3 cable. The only configuration parameters I can change involving that is the com port, which is correct and the baud rate which I've tried all of. I have been able to connect with a 1770-KF3 but still no serial port.
Thanks

Assuming you have the proper cable (null modem) AND assuming the serial port on the SLC has not been reconfigured, then here is what you do:

1. Open A.I.500
2. Press F9 Configure Program Parameters
3. Press F1 Communication Hardware
4. Press F2 Interface Hardware Type
5. Press F1 DH485 Communication Devices
6. Press F7 5/03, 5/04 Channel 0
7. Make sure the correct COM port is selected
8. Press CTRL-F2 Network Diagnostics
9. Press F3 Find Baud, Parity, Protocol Settings

This will start the auto-detect process. Save as you exit!

OG