about the 1747-L40C communication problem

zhoudq

Hello, I have a 1747-L40C processor and 1747-PIC interface convertor, but my laptop system is windows XP sp3,the RSLinx 2.59 version, as I confige the 1747-PIC ,the RSLinx display is AB_PIC DH485 driver is stopped, don't start and running ,please tell me how can I do running the DH485 driver. thanks ,the attach file is screen capture.

hello dmroeder:
I download the AB PIC SP3Fix file, but as I install the file,the system alarm.the attach file is system alarm,please tell me why and how can I do install the AB PIC SP3Fix file. thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately it appears that non US versions of Windows is different than the US version, which I have no way to test. If you click the "?" on the form, it will describe what the patch does so you can do it manually. If you right click on the user interface you will have the option to "deploy files". This will extract the SP2 and SP3 versions of serenum.sys as well as a modified SP3.cab file that has the SP2 version of serenum.sys in it.

The problem is that files don't exist on your machine in the location that they were on my machine. I was not expecting this and apparently I did not put a proper check in place. I think I had a similar problem with a Mexico version of XP too.

When you apply the patch manually, just search for the file "serenum.sys". It needs to be replaced with the SP2 version.

hello dmroeder:
your meaning is I may search for the file "serenum.sys" in the windows XP sp3 version, after find it,by the file of the sp2 version replaced it (by the file "serenum.sys" of the sp2 version put on the path of the sp3 version )

Exactly. You probably want Windows to be configured to show hidden files and protected files when you search for "serenum.sys".

In some versions of XP, there is a "serenum.sys" file inside of a cabinet file called "SP3.cab". I made a new cabinet file that has the SP3 version of serenum.sys inside of it. You may need to replace that cabinet file as well.

hello dmroeder:
When I install the AB PIC SP3Fix file, it has an alarm,the alarm is don't find the file "C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\sereum.sys",but i find the "sereum.sys" file is on the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers",so the AB PIC SP3Fix file isn't install.please tell me how can I do install it,thanks.