Devicenet Passthru

daviper1996

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am attempting to configure devicenet passthru using my 1784-U2DHP cable to a SLC 5/04. I am able to add the Devicenet Driver 1747-SDNTP point to the appropriate SLC and everything seems to check out. However I am unable to actually browse the devices. I checked the Devicenet scanner and its M0/M1 is set to 395.

Any advice about what I am missing would be appreciated.

The SDNPT driver can be tricky; what firmware revision do you have in the 1747-SDN ? My recollection is that 4.015 was the minimum, and 6.002 worked well.

You also have to cycle run/prog/run at least once after downloading a configuration with the correct M-file size, to allow SDNPT to work.

It finds the correct slot for the devicenet scanner etc. Says it is running and all is well... However no devices show up. I did not have to set the file size as it was already there. I did cycle anyway.

How do I determine the firmware Rev. for the scanner?

When I go into Driver Diagnostic in RSLogix I can see that Interface Revision reads as 3.00 but is that the firmware of the Card or the Driver?

Last edited:
It probably is at 3.0; as Ken stated you will need a minimum of 4.015.
The 1747-SDN Firmware Revision Level is also stored within RSNetWorx for DeviceNet application file under the respective node's Properties.

I was trying to create the DNT file as I do not have one. Another vendor currently onsite has the Devicenet cable and we just finished replacing 4 drives. I will get with him and see about upgrading the firmware.

Thank you.

I read Ken's other post about configuration going well but no browsing but I am hoping this is a simple firmware issue.