FaktoraTalk View ME, how to work with parameter files?

michstein

Hello everybody,

I have got a problem by using parameter files or/and lists.
For better understanding here a picture of my current situation:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/anhang1f.jpg/

I want to click on the "Selection" display on one of the two motors and a new picture should open.
=> the display of Motor 1
Then I want to open other displays by clicking on the buttons "1", "2", or "3" and also other displays should open, but with the values of motor 1

Back on the selection display I want to click on the "Motor 2" button and the display of Motor 2 opens
(in FaktoryTalk same display is used as for motor 1)
Now i also want to open the other displays "1", "2", or "3" but with the informations of motor 2

I hope you understand how my sytem has to work.
If you don't understand please ask =)

I use FaktoraTalk View ME v6.10/ WinXP SP3/

Greetings Mike

Michstein:

This is one on my examples , I learned by reading manual VIEWME-004 you can download it from rockwell web page, or you can look for it in your CDs. Please go to chapter 25.

In this case I have 2 parameters and parameter #2 is a string just for the title, parameter #1 is an array.

This display is used to show devicenet error history, but this method can be used for anything.

parameter.jpg parameter2.jpg

Good Morning.

Thanks, also for the tip with the file VIEWME-004.
I read it and now i know that i have to use "paraeter passing" to link values to another display.
But the problem is that i don't know how to use this.