Sensor connection

wolves-32

I am trying to connect a diffuse reflection sensor to Automation direct PLC ( Click basic ) the sensor has three wires ( brown L+, blue L-, Black Load) also it is PNP ( sourcing ).

My question is how to connect the sensor to the PLC's inputs .

Last edited:
Wire it as your CLICK C0-USER-M User Manual wiring diagram shows in Chapter 3, Page 3-27. Because your sensor is a Sourcing device, then your PLC input must be wired "opposite" as a Sinking input. The CLICK inputs have double diodes so they can be wired for either polarity.

Wiring for Sourcing Device to CLICK Sinking Input.png

Last edited:
I connected the sensor black wire to the PLC's input and the blue wire to C1 (common) and the brown to 24V but the sensor is not working. I did try to connect the sensor to the power supply output 24V and 0v and it worked. I know that I need to connect the black to x1 and the blue C1 but why the sensor is not working when I do that ?

Take a look at the manual for your click inputs. Your sensor needs to be wired to your power supply, but your inputs need to be appropriately wired to the same power supply as well. That C1 will need to be connected to the 0V of the power supply if you want the input to turn on when 24V is applied to the X1 terminal.

Thanks guys for your Help

I am new in PLCs and I am trying to learn it
icon7.gif

Well, that's not entirely true, but we'll not muddy the waters and confuse people. Let's just say refer to the manual for wiring recommendations and min/max voltage requirements for the inputs.