adapter to convert a 1747 cp3 to work with micrologix

kd8fmx

I would like to make a adapter that would allow me to use my 1747-cp3 with a built in usb adapter to link with a micrologix.:site:

pm02 is what I am trying to convert to.

I can not afford to buy the adapter so I want to build one. I just need the pin assignments

I strongly recommend the Industrial Concepts cables; they are inexpensive and well-made.

Mini-DIN8 connectors that actually fit the MicroLogix well are very hard to find; AppleTalk cables are closest.

Since the 1747-CP3 is already a null-modem cable, you need to find the 1761-CBL-PM02 pinout and switch Pins 2 and 3 on the DB9 side.

Round MiniDIN Pin 4 RX - DB9 Pin 2
Round MiniDIN Pin 7 TX - DB9 Pin 3
Round MiniDIN Pin 2 SGND - DB9 Pin 5

Similar Topics

Dear all, I have fx3u series plc with built in rs422 port and usb-sc09-fx cable. I have a a hyperterminal like application to send and receive...
Replies
Views
So I just discovered that Rockwell has a tool for taking a Studio 5000 project and generating an Autocad file based on the components in your...
Replies
Views
PanelView +7 Series B ME station disables network adapter on panel when I downgrade to Rev. 9 or 10. Used to work before with the Series B panels...
Replies
Views
Hi All What I understood from various manuals (e.g. rm094 & um543) is that you have the freedom to allocate any module to any slot. I understand...
Replies
Views
Hi All, got an issue with a PLC5 Profibus adapter card and it looks as though I need some legacy software (Local Station Manager) to configure the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom