1747 Open Controller

JJ_PLC

Looking for help on a Legacy project. Need support on the old Rockwell / Allen Bradley 1747-OC open controller. Apparently the product was introduced in the 90's and discontinued in 2000. This PLC/PC based system has a DOS operating system and is able to be programmed via third party devices (via APIs). Third part products for programming this system included "Controlware" (which could be programmed in a ISAgraf development environment) or SoflLogix 5 as a runtime system with RS Logix 5.

I’m looking for hardware and software for this series to support this legacy project. Since Rockwell isn’t supporting this anymore... it is hard to find parts/software.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find hardware for this system and/or a old copy of "controlware" or Softlogix 5 to support the programming of this hardware?

Any information would be helpful. The need is pretty urgent.

Thanks in advanced.
:confused:

The 1747-OC was probably built by Online Development for RA.

Those guys will be your best chance for support on that product.

RSLogix 5 is still a supported product; SoftLogix 5 isn't popular, but it's still around. ControlWare I've never touched.