plc5 classic to enhanced

danny.boyd

I am replacing a plc5/25 with a plc5/20e. downloading the same program that was running in the classic I have a block transfer error on a 1771-vhsc. other block transfers on 1771-ife cards are working fine. Any ideas?

What's the error code ? Look in the ".DLEN" field for a negative number (the sign denotes an error).

Block Transfers are pretty much a universal technique, but a newer controller might run them faster or slower than an old one.

error code is -5. checksum error. found a knowledgebase answer that indicates a fix for the problem I think. It is related to the enhanced processor's speed.