OMRON HMI N5, display time and date

medkhai

I have a customer who is asking for an HMI that can display DAY and TIME in numbers, characters, and graphic format. (Weird... I know)

All other required specifications point to OMRON HMI NS5-SQ11-V2
but I cant find information anywhere in the brochure and datasheet about this functions.

I would assume YES, as it seems simple enough, but then again they have been asking for confirmation of this capability multiple times, so now I'm getting paranoid.

Does anybody have experience with the NS5-SQ11-V2 from OMRON and can confirm this capability?

Thank you,
I really appreciate it.
Med

The NS series can display time and date numerically in different forms. What is characters and graphically? I have no idea about that and do not nknow what they want.

I think that would be hard work - there is no functional item for an analogue clock. You would have to make your own from bitmaps and drive the whole lot from the PLC - that would be a nightmare.

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting challenge!!
I wonder if it could be done with the graph object...

It could be easily driven from the NS as well, the in-built macros can do exactly what the PLC would do.
If I had time, I would have a look to see how difficult it would be