1769-HSC Output not ON

deemon113

Hey all,

Running into a problem that has us stumped. We are using a 1769-HSC card on a CompactLogix for a Filler Flowmeter, we are trying to SIP and can't get the output to fire on the card itself.

According to the PLC program, the OutputOnMask.0 and OutputoffMask.0 are both ON, which should be firing the output(which is a solenoid valve). According to the HSC manual, both of these need to be on for it to fire the output.

We tried changing out the card to no avail. It had been working until a proximity switch had been adjusted, after that it stopped functioning. We checked functionality of the prox and it is flagging on and off in the PLC itself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Damon

Update:

We finally got it figured out.

It turned out to be a negative setpoint in the HSC itself. It effectively stopped the card from activating the output.

Hope this helps someone else.

-Damon