slave to master connection

dwpang

Hi guys I am now using schneider electric equipment, TWDLMDA20DRT as my CPU for the PLC. however I need to connect my PLC to another main controller, so basically my PLC is the slave and the main controller is the master.

I know i need TWDNOZ485T to be connected to TWDLMDA20DRT as the base for my slave system, however i want to ask are there any special cables required to connect from my slave to the master? any apparatus or equipment also required that I may missed out?

thanks guys.

You will need a rs 485 cable in between the systems since they communicate over modbus rs485. Aswell you will need a Modbus module on the other PLC if you don't allredy got that.

Last edited:
Oh ok thanks. But say if the master controller is not Schneider electric one, eh ABB, so as long as there is a connection in the master controller fit for RS485 cable connection point it is ok right?