RSLogix v20 activation

kbpatton

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I recently installed Logix5000 v20. Do I have to use the FactoryTalk activation system or can the original Master Disk activation still be used?

My PC is Win7 and I had v16 running on it just to view files offline. After I installed v20 it put me into a 7 day grace period even though a valid activation is present.

Thanks

i'm interrested on the answer also...
Uhhh, see above?

Rockwell is moving more and more to taking over your computer completely. Part of that is that the simple and effective EVRSI authorization has been replaced by the annoying and intrusive "Factory Talk Activation" (they also require a gigabyte or so of useless program components to "Integrate" all Rockwell software products into one un-seamless package through Factory Talk.