FT Tag Importing and organizing

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI guys, hope you are having an uneventful Friday.

I am upgrading a PV600 developed in PanelBuilder to a PV+600. I used FT View Studio ME to import the project from the original .PVA file. I then exported all my tags to a csv file. There i used Excel to add folders to organize the tags. I imported the csv back into the new FT ME program and got no errors. When I bring up my tag database I have all my folders and some but not all tags. I have some analog and some digital tags. If I search for a tag it finds it, but does not show it in the folder it should be in. (I think it still sees all the tags in the main folder and this is where it is finding it) Did I screw up somewhere or can I get this layout fixed?

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

In The CSV File the Folders are Identified First. Then in the Tagname section there is a column for Folder ID for each tag. Double Check the Tags for Proper Folder ID. Also when you import you have the option to overwrite tags or Skip existing. Using the Skip Existing would leave tags in the original folder.

I'll check again. I created the folders first. Then added the appropriate folder path to each tag. There were no folders before besides the default one. It's weird because there are some but not all that have made it to the appropriate folders. The rest seem to live in the main folder where they were originally.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Last edited:
I started over from scratch and imported the project fro PB again.
Then I created a fresh export of the tags.
Then I added all the folder structure to the .csv file and readdresses all tags being very careful this time.

It all came out right this time. All tags are in the correct folders like I wanted.
Could it realy matter if the tag is addressed BEFORE creating the folder in the folder section? Even if it's created before you save? Makes no sense but I thought I had done that the first time. Maybe I didn't.

Thanks for the help,

Kraken Fan #69

One more thing is delete all tags from CSV file and only add tags for One folder. You do not have to have all the tags in the CSV File. You can import a partial file. It won't delete tags because you don't import them. The only way to remove tags is in the program itself. So you can Delete A Folder with all it's tags then only import that folder. You can always Export the tags to get a complete CSV File.

Edit: Just saw your post glad you Fixed it. Probably just a typo. Sometimes a Do Over is The best solution.

Last edited:
I was trying to avoid multiple imports (although I understand what you are saying and agree that I could do many single folder imports if I chose to.) mostly because of my trouble but partly because when I spoke to AB they said sometimes a 2nnd or 3rd import could make things go wierd.

Kraken Fan #69