The old TSX-17

bobdylan

Hello . this is my first time posting on this forum.. i'm a 1st year student and have been asked to program an TSX-17 (with no reading materials).. could somebody guide me in the correct method of making a cylinder A go + then - (7 times) then after 3 seconds cylinder B going + and - once...

the system works as such:
I 11 = start switch
I 1 = Cylinder A -(sensor)
I 2 = Cylinder A +(sensor)
O 1 = cylinder A+
O 2 = Cylinder A-
I 3= Cylinder B -(sensor)
I 4= Cylinder B+(sensor)
O 3= Cylinder B+
O 4= Cylinder B-

I have been trying to find a program manual for the last week .. I think its the lecturers idea of a joke..:confused: dylan

There is one thing i do not understand here,
The TSX17 has been obsolete for more than 15 years, parts or programming equipment are difficult to source, so why are you learning to program them?

We have said that to him also.. His response " you might one day come across something old and have to re-program it without the manuals " & " every other students before has been able to do it"

not impressed.:oops:

I think that it would be easier to find manuals than it would be to find programming equipment.
The programming cable is a special, and the programming software ran on OS/2 although there was a DOS version too. There was an old programming terminal also called a TSX 407 but that needed a special adapter to connect to the TSX17. If you need any help with the TSX17 let me know, I have all the gear and a few PLCs too.