What is the OPC Server market share

naiemk

Is anyone experienced enough to guess what percent of companies using PLC, already use some sort of OPC server?

If you have an estimate, can you please support it with some discussions around why you believe it is so?

I have an estimate, but only for the customers that I serve and I am unwilling or unable to supply documentation of this.
About 25% are currently using OPC only. About 65% use it sometimes.

This is a mix of end users and OEMs.

My definition of "about" is +/- 7.53%

Personally i would use OPC on all my systems as it is widely used and well supported.

Similar Topics

If anyone has a crack for IBH OPC Server, please send it to: [email protected] Urgently. Thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I wanted to share my findings with getting the new OPC UA server working (I think you might be interested in this JeremyM :lolis:)...
Replies
Views
I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, last week I posted part 1 of a series of OPC UA articles in Node-RED. That article covered some important concepts of OPC UA and how...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom