CQM1H-cpu51 CX-Programmer

lcarlson14697

Hey I am new to using Omron and i am having an issue starting this program from scratch. i set up the simplest rung possible, 0.00 NO to output 100.0 and when i apply power to the input i see in the memory that is changes as well as the light but no change on the output side, no relay or lights. in CX-Programmer i see the rung go true but no bit change on the output. same with when i do an instruction as simple as move. is there somewhere that acts like a register that programs the functionality at PLC boot that i am missing that enables the rung to output? i only ask because i could manipulate the previous program anyway i wanted but as soon as i start clearing the old stuff out i lose functionality of what i have just programmed.

Highest Regards

Are you sure that the output 100.00 is not referenced elsewhere?
If you right click on the output you should get a drop down with search for a bit reference.

ya i check that, i removed everything from the equatio so it was a single rung and an end, i just hooked up another one off the shelf and did the same setup and it worked fine,could this be a bad output module? what would it work with the original program that was on it and not mine?

so i started to clear the memory of the other PLC and as soom as i make changes there i lose my outputs again. is there something in the DM memory area that needs to be set? i am having another issue,i need a little instruction help with the pulse board. i have set up one like the one in the book and achieve no CW output and a mapping issue with the ACC instruction. anywhere i can go for more instruction help?

Last edited:
Is the PLC in monitor or run mode? There are no settings for the standard outputs that would prevent operation.

For help on instructions F8 - detail - either find instruction or instruction help. It is a bit sparse for the CQM1 as it is a discontinued PLC.

For better help set up one on the newer PLCs - CJ2M or something - in another open copy of CX-P and use that for help.

Bob probably has the correct answer. The CQM1 has a "feature" that it will power up in program mode if it detects a programming cable plugged into the peripheral port. That's bit me more than once!

Bob probably has the correct answer. The CQM1 has a "feature" that it will power up in program mode if it detects a programming cable plugged into the peripheral port. That's bit me more than once!
this is settable in the CPU section. it is a good idea to change the default to 'Run' mode

I always set to monitor mode on startup - straight away into online programming then.