Interface with Barcode Reader

ajmoyer85

I am trying to send native commands from Compact Logix L32E over ethernet to a keyence SR600 series barcode reader. This reader does not except ethernet/ip. How do I do this???

Welcome to the Forum.

I don't believe you will be able to use Ethernet for integrating the barcode scanner; it looks like the scanner's port is used exclusively for user software access.

The commonly used procedure for this type of integration uses ASCII over the CPU's on-board RS232 port or using a 1769 backplane installed 1769-ASCII communications module.

Depending of the model, follow the instruction manuals within:

http://www-search.keyence.com/us/enus/downloadpro/search.x?mode=ma&f=DO_GROUPID_sm%3A26-2109%09DO_TYPEID_sm%3A26-2108%09DO_SUBTYPEID_sm%3A26-2106%09DO_SALESSERIESID_sm%3AWS_SR47624&p=/products/vision/barcode/sr-600/index.jsp

Last edited:
This reader is able to support ethernet commands using N-L1. I already do this with a wago 750-841 and would like to do the same with an allen bradley PAC.

Last edited:
I am trying to send native commands from Compact Logix L32E over ethernet to a keyence SR600 series barcode reader. This reader does not except ethernet/ip. How do I do this???
In my view, search for google to find more barcode reader guide is necessary, you can gain more useful information by doing so, then, try to find a suitable one to help you solve your problem, am I right?