Connect expansion rack

hoejinkim

Hi
I am working on connecting DL205(D2-06B) to expansion rack(D2-09B-1)
How can I connect them each other?
(- do I need another power source or just get the power from Base PLC?
- do I need cable to connect? I have D2-EXCBL-1)

thanks

A D2-06B cannot be used as an expansion base. It lacks the connectors. The D2-09B-1 is will work fine.

Basically you will need:

1. A new D2-06B-1
2. Either a D2-250-1 or D2-260 CPU
3. A D2-CM module
4. Two D2-EM modules
5. A D2-EXCBL-1

The second base can potentially be powered from the same source as the first assuming there is enough amperage draw available and it is fused correctly or has an appropriately sized breaker.

All of this information can be found in the D2 User Manual, part number D2-USER-M available at AutomationDirect.