Level indication

EMSSTC

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use a sick UM30-2114118, a NI04I anlalog card, and a SLC 5/04 to view the level in a tank on a PV 600. I want the 350mm to be 1800 gal and the 3400mm to be 0 gal. I can't remember how to do this. Do I need to use a PID instruction?

Please help,
EMSSTC

If the output of the sensor is linear for measured length and the shape of your tank gives you a constant cross section of fluid to measure you should be set using the SCP instruction.

Check the data sheet of the input card to see what numbers relate to which analog signals. Check the sensor data sheet to see what analog values relate to which distances and fill in the table for the SCP instruction.

voltage or current. It can be used from high to low or from low to high. I guess I could use the scp instruction.