How to get connected with CQM1-CPU11?

ESTLV

Hi,
Maybe somebody remembers OMRON CQM1 CPU11. Contraversory to all subsequent CPUs this one hasn't serial port. On other hand it is in CX-One list of supported CPUs.
One of possible connections I found as recommended could be CS1W-CN114 + CQM1-CIF02. But it is rather expensive solution and I have little doubts if it is correct, as well.
Could somebody help with advice?

I use a CQM1-CIF02 cable connected to an expresscard serial port on my notebook PC.
I have not had much luck using that cable with USB serial adapters. Sometimes they will work, other times they don't.