Wiegand Module?

elevmike

Does anybody know of any PLC module that will accept a Wiegand input? Anybody out there that does security systems? I need something to convert the signal of one reader, to provide one of 4 outputs.

Thanks, Mike

I've never heard of a "Wiegand input", but I found THIS converter. It converters the Wiegand data to simple ASCII. Drop this into port 2 of a DL06 and you're good to go!... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks Eric,

I'll call these people later today to see if this will work for me.

I'm configuring a security system for an elevator. Everything out there seems to provide only relay outputs, and that would make for excessive hardware and hardwiring in the panel. The product you found may just be the ticket.

I Googled for about an hour and didnt run across this.

Thanks again..

Mike