Pro face 3200

cdnrookie

Quick question,

To transfer file from PC to proface 3200, what is the most inexpensive cable option?

Are they all "specialty" cables?

What am I doing wrong?

I have my cross over cable, I know how to get to the main menu on startup showing me my ip address for the proface

I try to connect to the proface via my pc with this address and I continually get the error, cannot connect to panel

Any suggestions?

What am I doing wrong?

I have my cross over cable, I know how to get to the main menu on startup showing me my ip address for the proface

I try to connect to the proface via my pc with this address and I continually get the error, cannot connect to panel

Any suggestions?

Is it an "AGP" panel? If so....
Firstly: Have you set your PC to have a fixed IP address?
I set mine to be + or - 2 from the IP address of the Proface unit. Make sure the subnet mask is the same as the panel.

Next, make sure any firewalls are disabled. This will stop the coms from working.

You may need to make the "Default gateway" of your PC the same as the IP address of your Proface but I cannot check this as I am not at work.

You could try "Pinging" the panel.

Open the command prompt and type ping (Followed by the IP address of the panel, such as)

ping192.168.32.124 then press enter. It should report back any losses or if a connection was made.

If you still dont get any joy, send me a Pm and I will write you a "Key by key" account! I am at GMT so it will be in the morning!

Last edited:
I had gone into control panel, set my ip to match proface.
Forgot to change the last 2 digits

Silly error, but all good now