Omron CJ2M-CPU31 - Can't Switch To Online Mode

Nep_TBC

I have a new CJ2M-CPU31 with one DO Card, one DI Card, and 1 Analog Card.

I have the ethernet IP set to default 192.168.250.1 Node 0

I have not set up a FINS Routing Table as it wont let me go to online status to transfer it. In fact i can't get it to switch to online mode period. I can connect to it via the USB cable. It will direct connect to it and transfer the empty program. When I start a new file and hit direct connect to let it auto identify the PLC type and Processor type it pulls that information just fine. I get no error that it can't find it via USB. However, even after I do that and I attempt to switch to online mode the option is not clickable. I have tried looking through every manual i can find and searched previous post on this site. I have not been able to come up with an answer as to why. I have connected to 5 different CP1L bricks i have here and programmed them with the same USB cable and the same PC. My local technical guru from the company i purchased it from was kind enough to answer my call on a Saturday and was unable to identify my issue on a short phone call. Has anyone ever ran into an issue like this?

Am i doing something stupid and just not catching it?

I also have a NS5-TQ11B-V2 HMI that i have managed to get to connect to some degree to the PLC. At least to the point that i can get it to load up to the graphic display of various buttons and numerical readouts in the HMI program without a communication error. I have it set up to communicate via ethernet IP and its address is 192.168.250.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:site:

[FONT=&quot]For a little more detail I made some fancy pictures!

Choosing the auto online to detect the PLC type and DL the program.

01_zpsf52439ea.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Here you can see it detecting and connecting to the PLC

02_zpse1836f46.jpg

Here you can see it connected enough to identify the PLC type and basic information

03_zps89a27225.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]After connecting and recognizing it won't let me switch to online mode.

04_zps31459b87.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have also tried connecting to it using USB and specifying the unit #
Same Result...

05_zps2bd5baa7.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm sure that it is something stupid and I just can't figure it out.

One more note and I don't know if it is relevant but when I have the program that i wrote offline open and tell it to connect it won't let me keep it open and wants to open a new program. It will also repeat this if the program is completely empty.

06_zpsebccdaa9.jpg

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

That is weird. Omron is usually childs play (except when routing). Any chance you can zip up the project and post? I'll have a quick look for you. I don't think it matters but what version of CX-P are you using?
Disclaimer: I don't know as much as the others on here.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Your last screen shot is the normal conclusion of auto online. (at least for me)

Create a new project, select your Plc type, use auto online, when it says create new project, say yes. You now should be online.

Now, open "section1", click into where the ladder is. Now are your selections for operating mode still grayed out?

My understanding about auto online, use it when you are lost about how to connect. Not for normal every day connecting.

When you connected to the 5 plcs, did you have the same issue, or did it work?

Hope this helps

I am using version 9.33 as an be seen here.

08_zpsa733902a.jpg

So an interesting thing i noticed. I went in and tried to make a new file and manually setup the PLC type and processor. However, when i went to do this i realized that it wasn't giving me my PLC type?

07_zpsff1a1efa.jpg

Usually i use the auto connect as a shortcut when i start a new PLC file. It isn't that i don't know how to setup the PLC and processor type it was just faster. Once i have the basics there i don't use auto online again. Since typically it would give me the option to just go online with the PLC and update the program or download it. Whatever the case may be at the time.

I have attached a copy of my program with the PLC type and settings as well as the modules i am using.

When I originally got the software license for my company the project was to do the 5 CP1L brick PLC's for some small automation jobs we were working on. At the time my company picked up the CX-One Lite package as it had all the functionality we needed for that project. When I started into the current project I asked my sales rep specifically if the Lite version of the software would work with this PLC and could handle more advanced analog logic. He said that it would and that unless I was getting into some pretty advanced motor control functions that the Lite version will keep me covered. I am starting to wonder if maybe that is the issue I am getting. Does the CX-One Lite package not support the CJ2M?

I am not having good luck finding a page that breaks down the compatibility list for the CX-One and CX-One Lite software packs.

Is anyone more familiar with the differences between the two?