rslogix import to Crimson 3 i/o adressing

PedalsV8

Hi again

Only here when I've got problems
when importing rslogix file into Crimson 3 having problem with
I/O addresses longer than 16 bit word like I:1/1 becomes [I000:0000] use bit1 in another column that is fine.But when the address is I:1/26 I:1.1/10 both same address in 32 bit format Crimson imports as [I000:0001] use bit 15 how do I express it as there is no bit 26 everything in seems good Much appreciative to any one who can help! the user manual is written for people a bit more experience HMI IE doesn't give a lot on how to import and I/O expressions.

TIA Regards
Grant P

I would suggest you alter the registers in the HMI as this is not unusual.
1.1/26 = 1/ 26=16 = 2/10
I am doing this by memory

Thanks Ian for responding to my post on this not a lot of info on this.

Therefore if address between I:1/0 & I:1/15 then =[I000:0001]use bit 0 to 15 respectively
if between I:1/16 & I:1/31 or as (I:1.1/0 & I:1.1/15)then it should = [I000:0002]use bit 0 to 15 respectivly
So I:2/n should =[I000:0003] & I:2/16to31 I:2.1/0to15 should =[I000:0003]use bit 0 to 15 and so on is this the correct assumtion.
TIA Regards
Granto_O

It's better not to address real I/O in the HMI at all, if you can add PLC logic to map the real I/O to internal addresses.

Some controllers don't allow certain types of read/write operations, and the driver must be "aware" of all of these differences among controllers.

One thing I found that helped me deal with smart card addressing in a SLC was to disable spanning reads.

If your case is like mine, and you are forced to have real I/O addresses in the tag list, make them all read only, and disable spanning reads.

rslogix i/o mapping in Crimson 3 HMI G306A

Hi again
thanks for the reply OKiePC.

This is a very simple project existing PLC and HMI for a wood drying Kiln ie replacing PV600 with G306A. My HMI experience is limited and only fault find the occasional PLC now. The Crimson 3 is very powerful only used to assembler back in early days.
So excuse my slowness at picking this up!

1: So what you are saying is where the I/O mapping is concerned write plc code in in ladder format in PLC & store that data in an Integers or as Bn:n/n bits .

2: The other problem I'm having is how to set up multi_state in the tags, does the tag read a decimal value from Nnn:nn integer I have only got 3 state on,off,fault. and one 11 state operating mode of Kiln.

TIA Thanks and regards
Grant