Highest rev of firmware for a PV+ 700

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been looking to flash a PV+ 700 up from 5.10 to 6.10. Is this even possible. I can only seem to find firmware for a PV+ 6 700 to get to rev 6.10. Is there a chart somewhere that I can't seem to find?

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the answer is no. They (Rockwell) changed the hardware and software a lot for version 6 PV+. So you can't upgrade the firmware. If your PV+ came with 5.1, that I believe is the highest you can go.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the answer is no. They (Rockwell) changed the hardware and software a lot for version 6 PV+. So you can't upgrade the firmware. If your PV+ came with 5.1, that I believe is the highest you can go.

You are correct, the PVPlus v6 has completely different firmware supporting some changes in hardware. And talk about slow to boot, its somewhat aggravating while developing.

I suppose the question is, do they intend to release any further firmware revision updates beyond 5.10.10 for older terminals? I would hazard a guess at no.

Perhaps the strange reason to append the newer PanelView Plus Graphics Terminals with a '6', is not so strange, as their firmware revision begins at 6.00, further suggesting they have replaced the above 5.10 terminals.

G.

I was given the PV+ 700 and which was a replacement for a site and told to flash it up to 6.10. I was trying to do just that but thought I might be nuts as I couldn't find a higher rev than 5.10. I don't think it matters really but we just thought we would flash it up to the latest and greatest which apparently it already is! I just wanted a second opinion before I went back to him with the news.

Thanks again,

Kraken Fan #69

You have the right idea; the "PanelView Plus 6" logic module is required to run v6 and later firmware.

RA will provide bug fixes for the original logic modules running 5.10.xx firmware, but no future feature development. Any logic module that was shipped with v3 through v5 firmware can only go as high as 5.10.xx firmware.

Ken,

Am I right in saying you can change out a logic module in any PanelView up to firmware revision 5.10.xx for a v6 logic module?

And if you can, is it practical to do so, or better to purchase a new terminal?

G.