Panelview Plus 1000 Firmware Upgrade Issue

IPC_Brad

Hello,

I have recently updated the firmware on a Panelview Plus 1000 from 5.10.00.09 to 5.10.08.09. When I went to load the .mer file, it displayed a message saying "Loading symbol from RSLinx Enterprise". After about 5 minutes, a new message popped up saying that the loading timed out and that I can continue to run the application or try again but that certain startup macros or datalogs might not work if I run the application now. Trying again resulted in the same message. If I choose "run the application", it will start, but I will get an error message saying "Invalid Display Number". I can clear this, and it appears the application runs properly afterwards, but this message pops up after every restart now. Can someone tell me what happened? Thanks

I would try flashing again, I would also flash the latest, which I believe is 5.10.10.09. Some of the earlier firmware versions were buggy. This one seems to be stable. I have seen a "bad" flash before too, which is why I suggest trying again. If that fails, you could have bad hardware.

I appreciate the response. I would do this except this has occured on two identical touchscreens. I've used the 5.10.08.09 on all other touchscreens in the plant and they have worked fine, including some other 1000s. The only difference that sets these two apart are the third party applications that run on them, which are identical. I have a feeling that something in them is the reason this occurs.

Is the runtime file the same, or has this changed? If so, use an older runtime, which was known to work. If the problem disappears, then make sure you have the latest patch roll-up installed on your machine. Then, recompile.

Geospark,

Thank you for your response. I do have a techconnect account. I viewed the article mentioned and it makes sense. Unfortunately, what I don't have are the apa files for this application, haha. Like I said, it was a third party application. We are probably going to contact them for the apa file though. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Hola!
I don't speak english.
I'm from Argentina.
Estaba buscando por internet este problema y me encontre con este post de hace mas 2 años.
Me paso exactamente lo mismo con un PLC de seguridad L71, pero el problema estaba en el shortcut. Direccione por error al L7SP en vez del L71.
IPC Brad, Did you solve this problem?