Help with FUJI PLC convertion

theripley

Hi again.

I am trying to convert a program after our client wanted to upgrade their PLC. The PLC brand is FUJI, details are on the attachment. Unfortunately, it was bought abroad (Japan to be exact) & so we cannot depend on their technical support. On the manual, there is a warning that not everything will converted & so they have provided function blocks for this purpose.

Please see my attached file for the ff. discussion:
Page 1 & 2 - converted program
Page 3 - old program
Page 4 - definition of the instruction

I am having trouble with the SEL function (see Page4) after it was converted. The File No. 12 is "address out of range" as indicated on the error section provided. When I checked, I've known that on the new PLC the File No. is limited from 30-109 contrary to the old PLC (0-125). Therefore, I tried changing the "12" to "30". However, there is another error was observed (see Page2).

Please help me understand this. I have a manual for both the old & new PLC however, nothing is said about how to do the file declaration.

Please help me again.

Erika

I have not programmed the SX
however with the FX
there is a file "indirect address" function
This writes the information from a BCD source, actual input card directly to a BD register
so the actual input is refferenced by the "12" or actually "2" in the FX
took me a while to find it about 25 years ago

Ian Trost,

Can you please give me the manual you have about FX? On the manual that I have there is nothing said about the file "indirect address" function.

Please.

This writes the information from a BCD source, actual input card directly to a BD register
so the actual input is refferenced by the "12" or actually "2" in the FX
took me a while to find it about 25 years ago

Please expand on this, I am quiet confuse. Is File no. 0-125 (in FX) a special file function? The description on the help file is very vague/ shady.

Sorry but 20~25 years ago the manual was a book not a PDF
I will see if I can find a PDF of manual. but I have not worked for that company since 1997

search google for micrex F80H PDF
the pdf name is
LEH913.pdf
this is an exerpt of the memory page layout
Note the numbers to the right (0~14)
those are the sytem file numbers not the storage file area numbers

those numbers allow indirect access to the area relative to the number.
"12" is for counter area setting
I am sorry it has been 20+ years since I last programmed the Fuji.
soooooo loooong. I have not looked at that program since

"12" is for counter area setting
I am sorry it has been 20+ years since I last programmed the Fuji.
soooooo loooong. I have not looked at that program since

I think I get it. Your help is greatly appreciated. I will re-read the manual.

This is an UPDATE..

Hi.

It has been 2 years, and I still have not moved on from this. Can you believe it?

Anyway, after a series of reading, I think I have finally understood the statement: 12: 255 SEL BD255

1.) 12 is a Data module No. which is represented by counter set value. In the same way that 10 is represented by timer set value and so on.

2.) 255 in this case is an ordinary decimal number.

3.) BD255 is a data memory.

Therefore, whatever is the set value of counter 255 is transferred to BD255. (Took me 2 years to understand)

Also,for BD255 DSEL 12: BD254

1.) BD255 & BD254 - as stated above

2.) 12 - as stated above

Hence, the content of BD255 is transferred as set value to counter No. specified by BD254. In case: BD255 = 100, BD54 = 1, then 100 is the set value of counter No.1.

Now, there is another stumbling block ahead. On the new FUJI PLC, this Data module numbering (10 = timer set value, 12 = counter set value, 13 = counter current value) no longer exist. What remains are the File Nos. 30-109, which I have no idea what is.

Can anyone recommend a command that can replace this SEL or DSEL function?

Moreover...

I have found this function block (see attached file) on the library. It becomes so confusing, especially with the "x-size" & "y-size" data needed. I do not have any idea what those means.

sel_mf.jpg

The processor is a 32 bit as well as counters etc.
so that is selectable.
Sorry for the delay. I am I the country area running a pub.
I will look more carefully tomorrow for you.