Intouch - FSGateway - Excel

MLR5000

Hi There.

I try one more time :)

How do I send data using FS Gateway from Intouch to MS Excel on a secundary computer? Right now I use a script with a WWPoke functions to send (not live/snapshot) data/numbers to an Excel doc. I would like to send these data over network to another computer with Excel.

Is this possible?
And how do I set up FSGateway, Intouch and Excel to do so?

Best regards Martin Lund

Okay. Could you describe how it should be done if I'm running XP?

It's pretty simple really. You merely add the host name to the destination address when you set up a link. It's all in the help files.

The problem is that Windows ceased support for NetDDE with the introduction of Windows Vista. I have heard that you can manually add the software to later versions of Windows to support NetDDE, but I've never tried it. I don't know of a solution that Wonderware is offering for this situation, but there is probably a work-around using OPC that I'm just not yet aware of.

okay thanks!

Is there anyone else who knows how to set up a communication through FS Gateway?