Need to stop RSLinx

gotsnow64

I need to uninstall softlogix, but first need to get linx stopped. I can get it stopped but it keeps restarting. I am not running any other Rockwell software at the moment.

..I can get it stopped but it keeps restarting. I am not running any other Rockwell software at the moment.

That is strange because if you stop RSLinx then it stays stopped unless started manually or by any other Rockwell software that needs it.

You can try going to "Services" within "Administrative Tools" in your control panel. Select the RSLinx service, go to it's properties and select "Disable" from the dropdown menu of "Startup type". After uninstalling your Softlogix return the "Startup type" to "Automatic".

Edit: Bit_Bucket typed faster than me :p

Last edited:
so.. even after disabling rslinx classic from the services page, by setting statrtup to "disabled" after "exit and shutdown" linx popped back up after about 15 seconds in my system tray. wtf

so.. even after disabling rslinx classic from the services page, by setting statrtup to "disabled" after "exit and shutdown" linx popped back up after about 15 seconds in my system tray. wtf

Beats me???

gal_ghostbusters_full.jpg

You may have to call these guys... ;)

Is it possible that you have more than one version of RSLinx installed?

Stop the Harmony service (My Computer/Manage/Services); within C:/Program Files/Rockwell Software/RSCommon delete the two Harmony files; reboot.
If RSLinx was installed to run as a service (default), it will start up after the reboot, however, if there isn't any background application requesting its "services" a Taskbar right-click Shutdown command should keep it inactive.
If the Harmony trick does not work, I am afraid you will have to do a clean RSLinx re-install...🔨...my last one (2.57 will all the available .eds) took just short of eight hours...:D

Yes, old thread....

It was restarting for the OP because SoftLogix needed it. You have to remove the CPU(s) in SoftLogix first. Then go in and stop the RSLinx service using the RSLinx Launch Control Panel or via Services.

Once all modules are removed and RSLinx service is stopped, then you can uninstall SoftLogix.

OG