RSLOGIX 5000 forcing

david90

Is there a way to force an analog value directly from the ladder logic view window instead of going to the controller tag window?

Currently to force an analog value, I would go to the program tag file, find the tag and then type in the desired force value into the force mask field. It is really inconvenience.

Also, is it possible to force an internal bit?

There is no way to force an "internal" bit. The only BOOL tags that are forcible are I/O tags.

Similarly you cannot force an internal "analog tag". But you CAN force analog I/O module data tags.

Forcing can only be applied to data that is Consumed (i.e. from Input modules or other controllers), or data that is Produced (i.e. for output modules, or other controllers).

And please be aware that you are not actually forcing the tags themselves. Forces are applied during data transfer FROM Input modules or producers, and TO Output modules or consumers.

So in a nutshell, because of the data-flow direction, you WILL see the result of forcing an input or consumed tag in the database, but you WILL NOT see the result of forcing an output or produced tag in the database.

For analog data tags, you can only enter a new value (or a force value if the tag is forcible) by going to the database window. But you can go directly there, by right-clicking the tag, and choosing "Monitor/Edit Force Value of....", no need to search for the tag.

Last edited: