Old Koyo SA-10R PLC

emorym

I have a piece of equipment here that is operated by an old Koyo
SA-10R PLC. When it was purchased the supplier did not provide the internal logic to the PLC. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I might obtain this information from the PLC? I do not have a programming panel of any type for this unit. I plan to replace it this summer and I need to know the logic in order to program the new one when I install it.

Out of pure bordom and coursioty, I did a number of searches for about 45min looking for some info on your part no. All I could find was on Koyo's support page (all in Japanieese). Just no luck.

As you may know, AutomationDirect's parent company is Koyo. Why dont you give them a call and maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck with it.

Mike.

Old Koyo PLC

I had contacted Automation Direct but without success. After your suggestion I went a little further and contacted Koyo Japan. They have been able to help me. I can us Koyo's D3-HPP to access the internal logic of the old PLC. Koyo Japan also had an old manual for the SA-10R. They sent one of them to me. I already had a high opinion of Koyo before this and now it is even higher.

Thanks for your input.

emorym