Redundancy cables

jonsina72

Hi everyone,

I have waited 6 weeks for a cable to turn up from our Rockwell suppliers that they told me I needed and now its turned up, its not the right one.

I ordered a 1757-SRC1 for the 1756-RM2 modules - I queried it as it didn't look right to me but I was told it was correct.

My questions are,
what do I need?
and can you get a non-Bradley equivalent for it quicker than Rockwell seem to be able to get them?

ie would a standard ST/ST or SC/SC cable work?

Cheers in advace,
Jon

Thanks for the quick response,

the ends (with caps removed) don't fit in the holes on the RM2 module (with caps removed) - it looks like I need 1756-RMC1 cables instead.

Does anyone know if there are equivalents available?

regards,
Jon

It is what it looks like

The 1757-SRCx was the part number for fiber link between the older 1757-SRM redundancy modules, which used 'SC' type connectors and 62.5/125 micro multi-mode fiber.

The modern 1756-RM modules use 'LC' type connectors, and a different A-B part number 1756-RMCx.

Here's a good summary Knowledgebase document about the differences between the old and new redundancy modules:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58504

And here's another one, but be careful because every other paragraph appears to have a typo with the part numbers (1756 versus 1757, RM vesus RC... I'm not going to try to sort it out).

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/117001

To get to the bottom of it: you can use an ordinary fiber optic link cable meant for Ethernet switches. Get one rated "1000Base-LX", with an LC style duplex connector.

the ends (with caps removed) don't fit in the holes on the RM2 module (with caps removed) - it looks like I need 1756-RMC1 cables instead.

I'm sure we've just ordered the RMC3 leads for the RM2 modules (from Routeco) and only took a few days...(you can check stock online - they currently have 1 in stock @ £113 list)

Rob