Step7 V5.3

RobertoM

Hi,
Of Where I can download version 5,3 of step7?
We have acquired new products of hardware that only can be programmed
with version 5,3 of Step7.

Roberto,

Siemens is not known for giving thing away for free. If you want S7 V5.3, you'll need to buy it, or at least buy an upgrade from you current version to V5.3. I'm not sure V5.3 is there already, because I have an upgrade contract and I've not received V5.3 yet. It has only been announced.

If you have hardware that's not propgrammable with your current version, you have to check the Siemens website for the definition files (*.GSD) for that hardware. These are mostly downloadable for free. If you have found them, you can install them in the hardware configuration utility (Options - Install new GSD) or you could simply let the hardware configuration search for new definitions by choosing the option Install HW updates.

Kind regards,

Hi jvdcande,

V5.3 is available. We already have it for over a week. Afcourse not for free..........Siemens and free don't mix to well.

Jvdv,

I know it's not for free, that's why my firm has an upgrade contract. But the upgrades are delivered to one of our plants an then distributed from there. Maybe my colleague didn't find the time to distribute yet. Good to know it's on it's way.

Kind regards,

jvdcande,

May a word of advice. Be carefull when you install the upgrade. After a college of mine installed the upgrade he encounterd problems with his programm in a saftey PLC. He wasn't able to download the safety part of the programm.
He and our supplier is looking into this problem.

JV

Thanks for the warning. I have no safety PLC, so it won't be a problem for me, but there are others out there who will be thankfull for your info.

Kind regards and thanks again,