S7 program locked

haggis

Hi,
I am trying to access an S7 prog that appears to be locked. I should point out I am new to S7 although I have worked with S5 quite a bit.
In the project tree I can see the usual suspects OB,DB,FB,FC. Some have a padlock against them however if I try to open anything I get an error message along the lines of “nothing assigned”.
In the IO assignment list I can find no I or Q bits and there’s a ton of real world IO, some of which is behaving quite strangely. Plenty of M bits but nothing to tell me what they are?
What am I doing wrong or has the program been disabled beyond all recognition.
Have looked into S7Canopener ( not compatible with my software V5.5 I believe) or possibly a dbf editor. Will unlocking it help ?

The padlocks are because the blocks are protected by a strong 128-bit encryption. It is called "Block Privacy". The encryption cannot be broken without the proper key.

Jesper
Would the encryption explain the fact that i cant even find an IO assignment list.
How do i get the proper key ?

Thanks

I dont know what you mean by IO assignment list.
Only the original programmer can give you the key for the blocks protected by 'block privacy'.

Perhaps i am muddying the waters here with my lack of S7 experience but i cant find any inputs/outputs in the program. Memory bits(M) sure but no Is or Qs anywhere and the rack is full of input and output cards. Could this be hidden or blocked too?
Also when you say block privacy is this the same as Know_How_Protect i have seen some reference to.
Hey thanks for your help so far.

It is possible that the inputs and outputs are accessed in the protected blocks. In that case they do not appear in the cross reference either.

'Block privacy' is a much stronger protection than 'know_how_potect'.

I may have spoken too early when I assumed that the blocks are protected by block privacy.
When protected by know_how_protect, there will be a small pad-lock icon next to the block icon in Simatic Manager.
When protected by block privacy, there will be a small pad-lock icon a key icon next to the block icon in Simatic Manager, and the block itself will be colored red.

Using Simatic manager create a library and insert an S7 program into the library. Copy the blocks from your project into the blocks folder of the library, archive the library and then post as an attachment.

Are you working with the original project files or did you upload everything from the PLC to a new project?
In the latter case, the assignment list is empty and there will be no comments in the blocks.

OK firstly thanks everyone.
Secondly apologies for my ignorance around S7, i have some S7 training coming up unfortunately not until September.

Jasper- the blocks are grey as is the padlock next to it in Simatic manager....so Know how protect then ? So it is possible to get around it ? I really hope so.

wimpiesplc- I did not personally upload the file but yes it has been uploaded from the S7-300 to a new project.I need the source file for the assignment list dont i, its not going to be sitting in the PLC its going to be on the developers PC ?

L D - I have created the library which has created a *.s7l and a *.S7S file. Not sure wether i can post it....could be the firing squad know what i mean