Help with Crimson problem.

Shiro485

Hello and Good morning all,
I am for the most part taking to crimson very nicely but I am unable to find the solution to this and would appreciated any help.

I have a 7 state status indicator that I would like to change its fill color and text color depending on the state. such as control power off, system on, system running etc. I can change like a primitive image from one color to another depending on the state, but when trying to find an option that supports this 7 state indicator all i can get it to do is change the text color and then highlight the text color, I dont want that I want the whole box or square to fill with my chosen colors.

Any help is greatly appreciated, have a beautiful day. :)

I assume you are using a Multi-State tag. Set up the text and background colors for each state on the Colors tab of the tag properties.

In the properties for your data box, set the Text Color to "Tag Fore" and drag your Multi-State tag to it. Then, under the Figure tab, set the Fill to Solid and Color 1 to "Tag Back". Drag the same Multi-State tag to it, and you're done.

There might be better ways to do it but this is a throwback to Crimson 2 and that's what I'm familiar with.

Last edited:
Create a new numeric tag. Call it MultiState. Select the MultiState tag. Now click the tag format tab. Enter a label for the tag. For format type select Multi-State. Set the number of states to 7 under format control. Under format states enter the tag values for the seven states and the text you want to display for each state. Now click the colors tab. Change color type to mulitstate. Set the number of states to 7 under color control. Choose whether you want colors for each discrete state or for a range of states (when using ranges the number of color states may be different from the number of states). Under color states fill in the state values and select the text foreground and background color for each state.

Now open a screen. In the lower right hand corner select the DataTags panel. From the right hand panel grab the tag you just created and drag it to the screen. Crimson will automatically insert a data display primitive, tie it to the tag, and display the label.