Movidrive B Speed monitoring

Zantay

Hello everyone, thank you for your attention

i have a question about Movidrive B Speed monitoring Fault 8, what exactly does Speed Monitoring is? what is Motor mode or Regenerative mode? i have look every manual and there is no explanation about this.

i read a post in this forum, suggesting to check the motor connections, i did, and i still have the error, i would love any help with this

This is my first time using SEW Eurodrive products, i may have missed something. a little more about my error, i am trying to test my system with manual operation, everything appears in order but the motor is no rotating, i increase the speed, the motor still not rotates but then it sets the fault when i go over 300 RPM.

What type of motor you have connected to the Movidrive?
Have you done the start up using Shell?
Speed monitoring is based on P500 and P101.
What do you have on P500 and P101?

my motor is a DRS71S4BE05/TF, and yes i have done the start up
P500 is Motor/Regenerative
P501 is 1

those are the default values, but i would like to know what they mean.

i also suspect is over-current fault, but why my motor wont rotate? i have also tried with another motor a DRS90M4BE5/TF/ES7S, but no movement either

Did you drive without load? I had misconnected brake in one motor and it drove it, but got speedmonitor fault when driving faster.

Regenerative is the brake phase, that is when motor is acting as generator.

Is it a motor with brake? Make sure the brake coil is wired correctly and the brake relay energizes when the drive is enabled. You can push the brake relay manually and should be able to hear the brake is clicking on the motor. Do not do this if it is a hoist application. You need to use a seperate supply and a cable to the brake coil. Usually SEW motors come with the brake supply tapped from the motor supply in the terminal box. This is OK for DOL motors.

Yeah, right now since i'm testing my system the motor is without load. and yes, i have connected the brake as the manual said. i may have misconnected the brake but i'm not sure where my fail is :confused:

MDX61B_Leistungsteil___ Kopie.jpg

I looked quickly, i have BMK1,5 wired to movidrive 3 to x13:2 and 4 to x13:1 (movidrive is controlling the brake). Dont have manual just now to look if it could be the problem.

Have you measured the voltage over from bmk's 13,14 and 15 when its driving the load? Did you check motor connection box that 13 is indeed connected to brake coil's white, 14 to red and 15 to blue?

thank you, i think we found the problem, there was a difference between the manual and the actual BMK 1.4, the brake wasn't active. i hope this solve it :D thank you for your help