Modbus plus communication problem

Drop'ur'Tech

Hello !

I made a modbus plus network between a ¨Panelview plus 1500 and a Modicon CPU 113 03.
My panelview have an Hilscher CIF 50-MBP as communication card. I use Factorytalk view 5.10.00 (my runtime on the panelview is 5.10 too ) and Kepserver 4.5 as an OPC server !

My network is like that :

pv+ 1500/Hilscher card ------modbus plus plug with rs485 cable ------------> modicon CPU 113 03

I set the adress of the modicon in my OPC server as : DM.1.0.0.0.0 and the adress of the card with Sycon software as : node 2 (because the modicon is programming to communicate only with this node).

My problem is : when i run my application on my panelview , i have the error : "device "here is the name of my device in my opc server" is not responding".

So the problem can be the cable but i checked and i'm a hundred per cent sure it work well !
Is there something else i have to configure on my panelview+ like Kepserver port ID or something with rslinx in FTV or i don't know something with serial port etc ?
I didn't find lot of information about modbus plus network and hilscher card so if someone have already done this kind of configuration maybe he could help me :)

I know my explanation is a little confusing but english isn't my borned langage so sorry , if u want any precision or detail i will answer as fast and as clear as possible !

Is the Hilscher comm card Modbus Plus gateway?

If so, Modbus Plus is one side, what is the other comm protocol?

Did this combination ever work properly in the past, or is it a new installation?

The other comm protocol is profibus (master/slave) and yes this combination works perfectly on another running system in the industry !

I don't see alot (even none) topic, discution or another thing about a configuration like that :/

Ok a weird thing is happening this morning , my runtime on panelview + 1500 is able to load my opc kepserver file correctly when there is a unique tag in it , when i put multiple tag (more or less 40) my runtime display "unable to load the project" !

I don't know why , maybe there is no memory available ? Or something else ? I really don't get it :/

EDIT 1 : Apparently it work when the tag are type "boolean" with no scaling but when i had tag type "word" with scaling "double 0 to 65535" my runtime is unable to load my project .pfe file on the panelview+.

Last edited:
Sorry i guess we can edit a reply only once !

So the problem seems to be a problem with the scaling option : i can create as many as tag i want and of any type but it seems if i put a scaling mode (type linear , data type double and min = 0 to max = 65535 for a word by example) my runtime don't load my kepware server and display "unable to load project" on my panel view ! (kepware v4.5).