ML 1200 Analog Module

ArikBY

Hello every body

I have problem with ML-1200 and I need some help. Its my first time that I try to do something with ML more then simple App.
I have ML1200 24I/O and analog module IF04
My problem is how to set the analog modul.
1.How to configure the unit in the first scan. with the SLC I used to use FLL fun like that.
FLL
Source 3589
Dest #O:1.0
Length 8

2.I need to use SCP fun
What value I need to write for Min and Max

I need to use 1 analog input 4-20mA

Thanks in advance

Arik

There is a configuration block under the IO Configuration item under the Controller menu in the left side Project tree. I ususally stck with the defaults.

For a 4-20 mA input the nominal data range is 6240 to 31200. The modules may vary slightly, so I try to verify the data with a simulator.

Tom

Thank you for your answer,but it wouldnt work.
I configure the module in the beginning in the I\O configuration , before I connected my sensor
I can see "0" on I:1.0 after the connection I saw 3000.(my sensor is pressure transducer 0-6 bar two wire)
this app work great with SLC5/03 in the way I describe before.
With the module book there is no exampel but they say there is configuration word.
Any help

Arik.

I think you need to go back and look at the I/O Configuration again. Everything you need is under: "Adv Config/ Analog Inout Configuration".

There is no need to set any words in the program. The only choice you need to make is between:

Raw/Proportional Data The value at the controller is proportional to the selected input and scaled into the maximum data range allowed by the bit resolution of the A/D converter (for example, 16-bit resolution provides a -32,767 to +32767 full range for a +/- 10vdc user input

AND

The value at the controller is an integer with 0 representing the lower range and 16,383 representing the upper range. The MicroLogix uses this range in its PID equation.

(from the help files)

Philip

Thank you is working now it was -10V;+10V that was my problem.
I pay in value time for saving some money.
It seems that we have different books I have 1762-if4.
Which book you use?
I didnt find this quote in my book.