Plc to tv

theripley

Hi.

I've just read a post on PLC connection to TV monitor by means of PC or an hmi with a TV output. My question is: Is there a way that I can connect 4 different monitors using 1 PLC, 1 PC BUT each monitor showing different data? How can I put up such a requirement?

It depends on the HMI application. It should be able to open in separate instances. You then place each instance on its own monitor.
If the HMI is natively webbased, then it should be easy you just open 4 browsers and place each on its own monitor.

It depends on the HMI application. It should be able to open in separate instances. You then place each instance on its own monitor.
If the HMI is natively webbased, then it should be easy you just open 4 browsers and place each on its own monitor.

If I use PC, can I still put up this kind of application? How?

I think you're getting distracted by the word "television". A TV is merely a monitor, if you aren't using the tuner to receive programming.

Many modern video adapters are capable of supporting multiple monitors. If you have multiple monitors, then you may display multiple windows from an HMI application. You may also view multiple instances of your PLC programming software, if your programming software supports running in multiple instances. This is nothing new.

Hi.

I've just read a post on PLC connection to TV monitor by means of PC or an hmi with a TV output. My question is: Is there a way that I can connect 4 different monitors using 1 PLC, 1 PC BUT each monitor showing different data? How can I put up such a requirement?
the simple answer is yes
you will need two double video cards in the PC (4 outputs)
then expand the windows desktop to use the 4 screens.

What does a natively webbased hmi means?

What does a natively webbased hmi means?
I mean that the SCADA acts as a webserver with full functionality so that the browser client acts as a full independent SCADA. So you can open independent windows.
Many SCADAs support remote control, but that just means you take control of the SCADA on the server. That is not what you need.
Inductive Automation's Ignition is a webserver based solution.
Siemens WinCC also have a Webserver functionality as an option.

This is an OT

Bit_Bucket,

Your signature has caught my attention, would like to ask what does it mean? cup-code-uncup? Just wondering.

I mean that the SCADA acts as a webserver with full functionality so that the browser client acts as a full independent SCADA. So you can open independent windows.
Many SCADAs support remote control, but that just means you take control of the SCADA on the server. That is not what you need.
Inductive Automation's Ignition is a webserver based solution.
Siemens WinCC also have a Webserver functionality as an option.
Also Schneider PLCs offer built in web servers - never used but an interesting concept

We use Cimplicity HMI from GE, and in our main control room, have it on two machines each equipped with two Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 video cards. These are dual output Displayport cards, so we have four separate HMI screens available simultaneously.

Cimplicity also includes a built-in web server, so that other machines on the network can open a screen as a web page, with control functionality as though the HMI was installed on their local machine.