Modicon Momentum PLC Modbus TCP Master/Slave

rudz04

We are looking into purchasing a modicon momentum PLC that will control a slave using Modbus TCP over Ethernet. We would like to also export information from the PLC to our DCS using the same interface. The DCS will be polling the information from the PLC. Is it possible for a Modicon Momentum PLC to act as a master to control a slave while simultaneously responding requests from another master device on the same modbus tcp network?

With ModbusTCP you can do what your proposing. But Momentums are an obsolete plc, I would be looking at the Modicon M340

Thanks for the response. All the PLCs in our Mill are Modicon Momemtum, therefore we will need be use the same PLC for this addition. @GeoffC, Do you know if Schneider has this information officially documented or is it inherently part of the Modbus TCP protocol specification?

Modicon Moementum 96030 is your best choice. I don't see any problem with Momentum being master and polling a slave device.