Recommended Cable For MODBUS via CMM002

TPCTJ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have an RX3i IC695CMM002 communicating with a Varec 8130(Tank Gauging RTU) and the data is in and out sporadically. My team's thought is the 8130, which is taking in the data from 40 tanks, is the bottleneck but we want to make sure it isn't our equipment so we want to get the right/recommended cable in there. As of right now, we have a CAT5 plugged into the CMM module (with pinouts according to GE) and we are wondering if there is a way to get a twisted shielded pair connected to an RJ45 connector...it just doesn't seem to fit right when I try to crimp it.
The thing is, the length from our panel to the 8130 is less than 20'...so I find it hard to believe we would need twisted shielded, but :unsure:

Any suggestions on a cable for this module?

Thank you,

T.J.