HELP! Installing Rs logix 5/500/5000

Timeismoney08

I got some copies of rs logix 5, 500 ,and 5000. and also networx, softlogix 5, panelbuilder, and view me. The comp is XP sp3
I went to install. Starting with rs logix 5 and rs linx.

I stopped here after having no success.

I can download everything fine. But when I go to open, it says windows experienced a problem. The only additional comments it has, is that the IP might be an issue or a couple other standard error messages, then I can send an error report.
I have Step 7, indraworks, some other misc plc software on the computer.
But its like AB stuff just wont run on the computer.

Does anyone have any advice?
Also I took a copy of RSLINX and it installed on another computer and opened no problem at all.

also, I seen in another thread, someone had issues with ab stuff because of sql server, I do have sql on my laptop. What exactky i sql server used for? And would it effect anything to uninstall it?

When I installed FT View ME I am pretty sure SQL installed. I was prompted for a Password for it during the installation.

I have seen software installs that get messed up because it wants to install a program that is already on the machine. Maybe if you remove SQL and then install the AB stuff it will install the SQL it needs. Just a guess, might be worth a try.

I went to install. Starting with rs logix 5 and rs linx.
If RSlinx is running "as a service", then I seem to remember that RSLinx can cause errors when you later try to install RSLogix. You need to shut down RSLinx completely before installing RSLogix.