Issue with CPU318, hardware interrupt and CP343-1 Lean card

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to fit a CP343-1 Lean card (v3.0 6GK7 343-1CX10-0XE0) on to an existing rack that has a CPU318-2 (6ES7 318-2AJ00-0AB0) in slot 2 and a input interrupt card (6ES7 321-7BH00-0AB0) in slot 4.

Initially I dropped the Lean card into slot 5 but found that the lean card wasn't working. I thought it could be a fault backplane etc so tried swapping the interrupt card and back connectors with spares but to no avail.

I then put the lean card in slot 4 and the interrupt card in slot 5 and the lean card worked. Unfortunately then the machine bombed out on a error to do with it's clock pulse. I think the error is because it isn't getting it's clock pulses quick enough. If I 'inch' the machine slowly it all works fine.

The addresses haven't changed on the interrupt card and I can't see anything that would effect its functionality by being moved into a different slot.

Has anyone got any ideas on what might be happening here? Could the 'lean' card be slowing the backplane comms down so much as to make the interrupt card not work?

Or does the interrupt card *have* to be in slot 4?

Or is there any other reason you can think of why this configuration wouldn't work?

Many thanks

;-) :unsure:

How You use Lean in S7 program?
Have You Connections for it and what is slotaddress "W#16#????" there and in S7-call?

Hi Seppoalanen,

I'm not using the lean card in the program at the moment. Eventually it will be used by a PC to retrieve some DBWs out of the PLC. I've done this on some other PLCs and it has been fine. The only difference with this one is that it's a 318-2 and there's a hardware card.

Thanks ;-)