i need help

jessica

hello folks ,
i need some help starting this ladder

six bottles travel down a conveyor. the bottle will go through 4 stages wash for 5 sec , dry for 4 sec , fill 7 sec cap for 3 sec there will be gates controlling the moment of the bottles , if a gate is open for for more than 10 sec an alarm will sound

this is just part one of my project all i need to know what triger the gate one to open or close ? if anyone got any idea plz passes to me thanks a lot in advance

I take it the conveyor is always going to be moving, & you are stopping the bottles with the gates?

If this is the case, have the bottle trip a sensor when in, or give the bottle a set amount of time on a timer to get to the 1st station with the gate closed.

When the bottle gets to the station start a process timer for the time needed. When this timer gets done, open the gate.

Repeat the steps above for each setion of travel & each process.

For the alarm, start an additional 10 second timer when a gate opens and if that timer gets done - set off your alarm.

The only thing you may have to put some thought into is the flow timing. The filling is 7 seconds, so plan that each bottle in each station being in that station for 7 seconds (4 seconds to dry & 3 more seconds delay before the fill station is cleared)

Greg

p.s.- hope you get better help on this problem than all the sexist remarks on your last conveyor exercise.

Last edited:
my sequence of operations are

-all gates are closed expect gate 1
- 6 bottles pass sensor A GATE 1 close,conveyor off
- wash on for 5 sec
-gate 2 open conveyor on
-six bottles pass sensor B GATE 2 CLOSE ,CONVEYOR OFF
-DRY FOR 4 SEC
-gate 3 open conveyor on
-s ix bottles passes sensor c , gate 3 close ,conveyor off

this means my conveyor doesnt stay on all the time

I didn't realize you were processing the bottles in a batch of six, I was assuming there would be a total of six bottles on the line.

When the sensor is made, start a timer. While this timer is timing close the gate & stop the conveyor. When this timer gets done, open the gate, start the conveyor & move the bottles to station 2.

When the bottles get to station 2 (timer or sensor) stop the convveyor, time the process time.

When this station times out, open the gate, start the conveyor & start a gate open timer. Seperately monitor the process & the gate open timer - when & if it gets done set off your alarm.

Repeat for each section.

Greg