RSLinx Status

pmbreddy

RSLinx, in the pane on the right side for the PLC it has for the 'Status' field 'Unkeyed'. Anyone know what does it mean?
FYI...I have PowerFlex device connected to it.

What you are describing is the Module Status column when you have the RSWho browser in spreadsheet mode. The spreadsheet has columns for Address, Device Type, Online Name, and Status.

I'm looking at a 1756 backplane on my test bench right now, and the Status values I see are 'Major Fault' for a controller I know is faulted, 'Idle' for a controller I know has no program in it, 'Self Test' for a DeviceNet scanner that's not connected to a network, and a 1756-ENBT that is alternating between 'Active' and 'Not Keyed'.

When a controller shows 'Unkeyed', that doesn't have a lot of meaning. I think it's just a status code that's shown when there are no other status codes to take precedence.

If the device is an I/O module, the 'Unkeyed' status would actually reflect the Electronic Keying state of the I/O connection.

For this ControlLogix controller, you can safely ignore the 'Unkeyed' state.

Thanks detailed reply.

Does it mean that PowerFlex70EC belongs to Logix5000 family? As per my understanding from googling it is not. Please clarify?

Is the 'Unkeyed' status for the ControlLogix CPU, for the Ethernet communication module, or for the PowerFlex ?

If you can post a screenshot, that might be helpful.

Can someone please answer my question. Also please let me know what software we must use for progrm the controller(like for COmpact logix we have RSlogix5000 and RSlink)

It's a PowerFlex drive. You can use the onboard HIM module keypad, or you can use DriveExecutive software.

The 'Unkeyed' status in RSLinx Lite is not important. It does not affect the operation of the drive in any way.

DriveExecutive (the Lite version) is automatically installed with RSLogix 5000 so you can launch it to configure drives that are connected to ControlLogix family controllers.

If the drive is not connected to a ControlLogix family controller, you can install and use DriveExecutive Lite or Drive Explorer to configure the drive. These are ordinary utilities available from Rockwell Automation or your Rockwell Automation distributor.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken for your Reply
Where can I find DriveExecutive in RSlogix5000?.
I have serched all options in Rslogix5000 and all options in start menu.

All Programs/DriveTools/DriveExecutive if it was "checked" as an option when RSL5K was originally installed.
If not, you will probably find it within RSL5K Rev19 install packege.