CompactLogix and CompactFlash Card.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I don't have a CompactLogix 1769-L32E to try this, so I will ask the question.
If I have an out of the box 1769-L32E and I replace its CF card with another one from an existing processor, will the new processor have the existing RSLogix 5000 project loaded when is powered up?
What about the IP address?

Thank you!

Not by default. You can store the program to the flash card with the options to load the program at power up. This is done by you via RSLogix5000 (not automatically done). I don't think it will assign the IP address though.

There is a way to assign the IP address via PLC logic, however this would be in the PLC all the time. I'm not sure you would want this in your PLC running all the time because if a user later wanted to change the IP address and didn't change the logic, it would potentially get reassigned by the PLC (depending when that code executed).

However, the existing firmware will be loaded in the new processor, right?